30+Hand-picked and Verified Lawyers
800+Properties Verified till date
Thank you for showing interest in our property registration service offering. Here is some information that will help you get started:
- Choose a property verification lawyer from the list of options and buy the service.
- Once the order is confirmed, lawyer's contact details are shared as well as an order page is generated for you.
- Talk to the lawyer, chat via the order page and exchange property documents electronically. Zippserv logistics will take care of physical document shipments if required at no additional cost.
- Draft deed soft-copy on order page shall be shared for your review and you may request modifications, if any.
- If you need a certified copy of the deed and/or want to register the deed as well, please select appropriate add-ons while ordering the service.
- Note: Registration process shall need your physical presence in sub-registrar office, facilitated by the lawyer. Only lawyer's professional charge is listed as part of the service and it does not include stamp duty or miscellaneous charges.
Watch how it works
Frequently Asked Questions
Sale deed is a legal document that contains details of transfer of property ownership from a seller to a buyer. This is one of the most valuable legal documents while purchasing or selling a property. It is executed at the time of actual transfer of property ownership at a sub-registrars’ office. This document needs to be registered mandatorily and is governed by the Registration Act.
We will need copy of the previous sale deed, buyer(s) & seller(s) details, transaction value and Khatha certificate. After placing the order, you can upload the scanned copy of these documents in the order page.
Stamp duty, cess and surcharge is 5.6% of the total consideration or guidance value whichever is higher for BBMP and Corporation areas. For BMRDA & other Village Areas the stamp duty and cess 5.65% of the total consideration or guidance value whichever is higher. Additionally, there would be a 1% registration fee. There will be incidental expenses such as scanning charges etc. Kindly note, the legal fees mentioned here is professional fees only and does not include stamp duties, registration fee or any miscellaneous expenses. These expenses have to be paid as per actuals by you.
The lawyer will take an appointment with the sub-registrar office on a day convenient to you and will be present throughout to handhold the process. On the registration date along with DD you have to bring original and photo copies of the following documents:
- You need to carry three separate DDs for Stamp Duty+ Cess, Surcharge and registration fee in favour of the concerned Sub-registrar.
- Current year tax paid receipt
- BBMP katha certificate and katha extract standing in the names of the seller/s.
- Seller(s) previous sale deed.
The buyer has to deduct TDS at 1% of the total sale consideration. Note that the buyer is required to deduct TDS, not the seller. No TDS is deducted if sale consideration is less than Rs 50lakhs. If instalments are being paid TDS has to be deducted on each instalment. Tax is to be paid on the entire sale amount. For example, if you have bought a house at Rs 55lakh, you have to pay tax on Rs 55 lakh and not on Rs 5lakh (i.e. Rs 55lakh - Rs 50lakh). This is applicable even when there is more than 1 buyer or seller. For details you could follow the details guide from income tax department. e-Tutorial - TDS on sale of property
All lawyers listed are verified and vetted by Zippserv. They specialize in property matters and have a minimum of 10 years of experience in this domain. They are well versed with Karnataka laws and Bangalore real estate issues. The prices vary depending on their years of experience, whether they are individual lawyers or law firm. Location of the lawyer is not such a big factor as Zippserv logistics will pick up property documents for verification from your door step and deliver to the lawyer. Moreover, you can communicate with the lawyer over phone (the contact details of the lawyer are shared as soon as you book the service) and also through an offline chat.
Yes. However, when you pay, the money will be held in an escrow account and will be released to the lawyers only after the work is complete to your satisfaction.
Yes, the prices you see are pre-negotiated and all inclusive. However, please note that, you will have to additionally bear stamp duty and other miscellaneous expenses at the sub-registrar's office.
The whole process takes 4-5 working days for our lawyers. Two to three working days for sale deed drafting and review.
If you are sharing soft copies, you can share the same on order page which gets generated for you after placing the order. For any hard copy shipments, zippserv has integrated door step document pickup and delivery. Our logistics team will coordinate with you once you place the order.