936 questions
451 answers
49 comments
60,273 users
0 votes
asked Sep 1, 2017 in Legal Matters by Mehek Sharma (7 points) | 125 views

1 Answer

+2 votes
Hi. An Occupancy certificate (OC) is an absolute must for any project anywhere. It indicates that the project is completed as per all norms and that there is no deviation between what the builder received permission for and what was actually constructed. So, if the builder had permission for only 12 floors and actually constructed 12 floors, he gets the OC. But someone who constructs 13 floors against permission for 12 floors, does not get OC. There are other things too, but this is the simplest explanation I could think of.

Not having an OC affects your ability to resell the flat - ask me, I am suffering in a non-OC flat. Want to sell my 2BHK and move to a 3BHK, but unable to sell for lack of OC!
answered Sep 3, 2017 by Kushagra Mehta (37 points)
Thanks Kush.
The information is very helpful. But I have a doubt. In my case the builder is telling that he is developing some extra balconi space for in my flat. The extra space is not in the plan he has provided to me. I am little afraid after getting to know the consequences. So could you advice me please?
Welcome to Zippserv Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.