936 questions
451 answers
14,964 users
0 votes
asked Sep 1, 2017 in Legal Matters by Salim (16 points) | 42 views

1 Answer

+2 votes

An OC or Occupancy Certificate is given to a property when it has been constructed as per the approved building plan from the government and when the builder has adhered to all the building bye-laws applicable. It essentially ensures that the building is fit to be inhabited.

You should remember that OC is not given to individual flats but to entire projects. Whereas, A-Khata is given to individual flats only and only if the project has got an OC.

answered Sep 2, 2017 by Venkat Reddy (25 points)
Welcome to Zippserv Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.