936 questions
451 answers
49 comments
59,784 users
0 votes
I'm going for a fresh purchase of a flat, the builder has given me draft sale deed, can I add some clauses which protect my rights? Whose help I can take to review and draft the same?
asked Sep 19, 2017 in Legal Matters by Mritunjay K Singh (25 points) | 107 views

1 Answer

0 votes
Hi Mrityunjay, you have asked a very important question. This however does not have a very straightforward answer.
1. You should always review any document given to you by builder. This is because the document/agreement may have clauses which take care only of the builders interests and not of the buyer (you). Hence , having a competent third party to review it, is always safe. The best people to perform such a review are lawyers. Always select a good property lawyer in Pune for this.
2. Now , even after a lawyer has recommended changes to the draft, there is a big question mark on whether or not the builder will agree to make these changes. Most average and small builders will make the changes after trying to understand why you want them. But a big builder like Kolte Patil, Kumar, Paranjape etc. will simply not entertain such changes.
answered Sep 20, 2017 by Mahesh Date (19 points)
Yes, Mrityunjay,
We can customize a sale deed, but both buyer and seller should agree to it.
Welcome to Zippserv Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.