936 questions
451 answers
49 comments
60,120 users
+2 votes
Can one manage with soft copies or photocopies? Which all original documents are needed if at all?
asked Sep 10, 2017 in Legal Matters by Kuldeep Ghanekar (24 points) | 149 views

2 Answers

0 votes
Hi Kuldeep, I guess most lawyers are okay with photocopies of originals. So long as they get printouts of the documents, it is okay. Myself and also some of my friends got some title search and verification process done using photocopies only. One of my friends wanted the lawyer to check original documents too. In that case, the lawyer checked these at the government office.
I found a list of the documents needed for title search here : https://www.zippserv.com/media/property-verification/property-verification-document-checklist-pune.pdf
Please keep in mind that is better to collect as many documents as possible from the builder and give them to the lawyer. The more documents are available, the better is the quality of report (usually). This too is one case where it is better to be safe than sorry.
answered Sep 12, 2017 by Sharad Basu (63 points)
0 votes
answered Nov 8, 2018 by Shamim (87 points)
Welcome to Zippserv Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.