936 questions
451 answers
11,312 users
0 votes
Is it necessary to register in the Sub Registrar Office to get Khata transferred in respect of a property acquired by inheritance?
asked Oct 2, 2017 in Legal Matters by Sameer Das (9 points) | 99 views

1 Answer

0 votes
Not necessary. After the death of owner of a property his heirs, such as wife, children i.e. male and female, married or unmarried may get the Khata transferred on production of death certificate of the owner with details of property held by him to the following officers:
If property is an agricultural land - Tahasildar (See Sec.128 of Karnataka Land Revenue Act, 1964) Offices of Corporation, Municipality, Panchayat or City survey if such office exists.
answered Oct 2, 2017 by Adithya (41 points)
Welcome to Zippserv Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.