451 answers
49 comments
59,792 users
0 votes
Will appreciate some advice on this.
asked Aug 29, 2017 in Legal Matters by sangeetasaha (19 points) | 1,504 views

1 Answer

+1 vote

I assume this is for Bangalore. Firstly a Gift Deed needs to be drafted. Any competent lawyer will charge between Rs. 2500 to 3000 minimum for this. Once that is done, the Gift Deed needs to be registered at a Sub-registrar's office in Bangalore. For registration, The lawyer charges would be around the same Rs 2500-3000.  
You will also have to pay the Stamp Fee/Registration Fee and Surcharge/Cess at the time of registration. These fees are dependent on the location of the property and relationship between the donor and donee. Since I do not know the location of the property, I can give you the range for the  fees for Gift Deed within Family. The maximum Stamp Fee that you will pay will be around Rs 5000, whereas Surcharge/Cess would be another 0.65% of the total Sale consideration or Guidance Value or whichever is higher and finally the Registration Fee of Rs 500/-.

answered Sep 2, 2017 by Raghavendra Rai (83 points)
For calculating guidance value you can use this tool. It's nice.

Varun,

Guidance value will vary vastly depending across hoodi depending on the location, apartment or plot etc. You can use the zippserv guidance value calculator for bangalore for the same.

https://www.zippserv.com/guidance-value-calculator-bangalore/
Welcome to Zippserv Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.