936 questions
451 answers
33,084 users
0 votes
My builder has provided both construction agreement and sale agreement where as I heard some builders only make you sign a sale agreement. What is the standard approach? Please guide me.
asked Aug 29, 2017 in Legal Matters by Harrish Shekhar (9 points) | 61 views

1 Answer

0 votes
In Bangalore, this is a common practice that a land owner and builder will get together based on a Joint Development Agreement (JDA) and then sell flats. If you are buying an apartment in such a project then there will be two separate agreements that you will have to sign with the builder, Sale and Construction. However, if the builder owns the land and is constructing the apartment as well then there will only be a single Sale Agreement. Both scenarios are quite prevalent in Bangalore and therefore do not warrant any cause of concern.

Hope this helps.
answered Sep 2, 2017 by Raghavendra Rai (83 points)
Welcome to Zippserv Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.