936 questions
451 answers
17,302 users
+1 vote
asked Sep 1, 2017 in Legal Matters by Salim (16 points) | 35 views

1 Answer

+2 votes

In Bangalore, the Occupancy Certificate or OC is issued by a statutory authority like BBMP,BDA, etc. which certifies that the building is fit to move in. It is required for both commercial as well as residential projects where the number of units are 5 or more. 

An Occupancy Certificate is issued to a project only when the builder has constructed the project as per the approved building plan and adhered to the building bye-laws applicable. 

answered Sep 2, 2017 by Raghavendra Rai (83 points)
Welcome to Zippserv Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.